Thursday, August 31, 2006

Round 2: vs Baghdatis

Doesn't the title make it clear??? I just lack the vocabulary!

During the 90s, when Wimbledon was taken over by Henmania, I just couldn't see the point of those rides that Henman took his supporters on. Today, I empathize with them. I get the sneaking suspicion that I feel more exhausted than Andre does.

Ever so often, at the end of a match, any match, those key moments have emotions written all over them. Typically, it is anger, lack of heart or confidence. This one though, was different. At the end of it, it wasn't a key moment, just turned out to be one of those sublime Andre moments.
As he sat in his chair at the end of the 4th set and through the first game of the 5th, you could see it all over his face. Johny Mac made a mention of it too. You sensed that the energy he was deriving off the crowd, was getting to him. He knew it right there. He recognized it right there. He didn't feel that this could be his last set. He knew it!


Typically, I am loath to letting anyone share the spotlight with AA. Today, after what we witnessed, an exception just had to be made. Marcos, you lost the match, but you won atleast a million hearts. Bravo buddy! (shame on you New Yorkers to boo this man when he cramped up)


Finally, I don't ask for the show to go on, I just ask for the back to hold up! The rest will take care of itself....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel :)

Skely said...

btw why no posts.

"agassi must be preparing for round 3." BTW it is not what you are thinking... let's see if you can guess this one...

Dream Sporting said...

Z,
Based on your tribute and analysis, I assume you do. btw...I am still struggling for words for my own tribute.

Skely,
'Struggling for words' - That's the answer to your first Q.
As for your second scumbag Q, any such unwanted talk will result in previously forgiven despicable acts of deceit and trickery on 4/23/02, brought up and scandalised!