Monday, July 31, 2006

Funny Forever

Ages ago, when the commercials were aired for the the premiere of the show, the humor caught my attention and I vowed to watch every episode of it. D-day came and went, and my 100% track record of NOT adhering to a time table was intact. As days passed, without much of a regret, I made my peace with not being able to watch the show.

One blessed day, as I flipped channels at the rate of knots, I paused at Star World, which was tuned to Channel Number 14 at that point.....30 mins later, Star World had made the biggest jump into the top 10, landing itself at No.5 (tennis fans should note that this was prior to Agassi jumping from 122 to 6 in 1998). Honestly, I have no idea if my 10 yrs and counting love affair with the show would have left base if the episode hadn't been 'The One with the Boobies', but then.....would Schuey be chasing his EIGHTH F1 World Championship if his father did not work at the local kart club?!!! I am just thankful that I caught one of the perfect episodes.

Now, as I watch each episode for the 50th time (and I don't think that that is an exaggeration), there I go, nitpicking on how the joke was poorly setup, or how it was just slapstick, or plain repetitive....but unerringly, at the end of every joke, I am either smiling, or falling off the couch laughing.

Thanks for the memories.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S Forever!!!

4 comments:

FSN 3.0 said...

Sad that you're still stuck in second gear and don't seem to be able to move on.What happens in that episode -btw?Monica working at the diner?

Dream Sporting said...

As you know, I whiz past second gear and set camp at 4th/5th.

Monica working at the diner happens during the 3rd or 4th season. This one is very much 1st season. It starts off with Chandler walking into Monica's apt and going straight to the fridge. Rachel comes out of the bathroom topless, while drying her hair with the towel. The action starts right there and goes on and on. By the end of the episode, Chandler has seen Rachel, Rachel sees Joey, Joey sees Monica and Monica sees Joey's Dad!!!

FSN 3.0 said...

Just caught that one on TBS 2 days ago. It was okay...

Dream Sporting said...

Maybe you didn't quite understand Chandler's "I'm not showing you my tat" comment :)