Friday, February 24, 2006

Impulsive delight

Sneaking away from office on a 2 hour sojourn to watch Barca play Chelski was the last thing on my mind when I came in. Afterall, for the first time during my stint at work, I had sole responsibility on a project (a teeny tiny 3 day one) and I had to have some results by the end of the day. Besides that, this was the first leg and by no means the decider. So, why go today and sacrifice the bigger one coming up in 2 weeks. AND, over the past couple of days, I had sent out 'Leaving early today' and 'Coming in late today' mails to the entire group thanks to some good weekend fun. So, based on logical reasoning, the decision to skip the match was quite simple.

Except, I forgot to account for impulses.....BANG at noon....I opened up soccernet.com on one of the lab machines and followed the gamecast. 15 mins of non-action, at the game and in the lab, I waved goodbye to my supervisor citing a NEED to eat out! What was the reasoning???

I think that the desperate need to watch this one stems from the fact that I have hardly ever got to watch Ronaldinho in a match situation. From the innumerable videos on video.google.com, it is clear that Maradona at his prime couldnt have been any better. Hence, watching him in action, orchestrate a high profile match would make up for the anguish of missing Mexico 1986, was the thought process.

The end result was favourable. Afterall, egg on Moaninho's face is always a delight. But, while Ronaldinho had his moments, he was not always on the ball, both literally and metaphorically. However, this one too had its perks. With Ro being attended to in numbers, Li'l Lio was left to play ball in the park. And Boy, he did! The sublime left foot chip that hit the crossbar is bound to have improved the quality of life of anyone that witnessed it. And now, even more so than before, I just HAVE to watch every single game of Argentina at the World Cup. How??? There's always breakfast, lunch and dinner. And hell, if need be, I'll throw in a workout too!

But first Mr.Pekerman, dont be daft. Just pick the boy!

3 comments:

FSN 3.0 said...

I need to bring to your attention the fact that a Nike commercial/Writers of the movie What Women Want have ripped off your original blog name - or.....hmm.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

How come no new post? I am surprised that you dont have anything to comment on the ongoing Test between India and England.. Collingwood seems to be doing well and whats more, I think he is pretty cute ;)

Divi.

Dream Sporting said...

Hey Divi

My blog is not a place for some banal news. For that you always have FSN's :D

Anyway, due to the special nature of your request, you have been duly rewarded with two of 'em.

Go bonkers!